If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.

Follow me :)

Pageviews

Saturday 18 January 2014

MAC Diva Lipstick Review

So ever since I've crossed over to the dark side, i.e. I'm not a natural blonde anymore I am in fact brunette, I have completely changed my makeup look. Before I was all about the brown smokey eyes and neutral lips whereas now I'm all about the neutral eyes and bold lips. Never do both always one or the other because then it just looks a bit ott, like an in your face mask of makeup, like you've tried too hard and very drag queenesque. It also confuses people as their unsure whether you are trying to draw attention to your eyes or your lips. Less is more. Personally I love the subtle eyes and red lipstick look against dark hair. Very snow white/Russian beauty. So far I've been in love with Mac Ruby Woo a gorgeous classic red perfect for fairer skin tones as unlike Lady Danger which is for tan skin because of its orange undertones, Ruby Woo has got bluey undertones making it perfect for cooler skin. It also has that retro feel to it as it reminds me of something a pin up girl would wear/ a vintage holly wood beauty because it's very Chanelesque. As it is Winter, no colours say winter best then deep reds whether its raspberry, wine, burgundy or oxblood. Exactly why I've swapped out my cherry tomato red nail polish for Barry M Red Black and now have decided to do the same with my Mac Ruby Woo and invested in Diva.

Like many I'm sure getting out of bed in the cold winter months when the moon is still out is a struggle so I always come to the decision that I'd rather spend 20 minutes longer in bed even though that means 20 minutes less spent on my appearance. This is why I love lipstick. Eye shadow takes too much time to apply you need to think about the base, the inner corner, outer corner blending etc. With lipstick you can literally roll right out of bed sweep on some mascara and lipstick et voila you look like a movie star and no one will know it only took 5 minutes or less.

This colour is perfect for the Winter months. Diva is a gorgeous matte deep red that you can intensify with Mac's Burgundy lip pencil as this stops the lipstick from bleeding and also gives it something to grab onto meaning you don't have to reapply as often. The beauty with Mac lipsticks is they hardly need to be reapplied anyhow unlike Rimmel which comes off practically as soon as you apply it. I practically got through an entire Rimmel lipstick in one night as literally every 5 minutes I had to go to the powder room because all those bar snacks and cocktails certainly didn't help. Its bad enough it comes off without moving my mouth so you could only imagine the pain I went through. Mac on the other hand doesn't budge at all so £15 is definitely worth the investment and comes out cheaper in the long run. I was sceptical but I've given in. Once you go Mac you never go back.

I used to associate burgundy lipstick with Camden Town Goth which is probably why I avoided it in the past but now I've seen a whole new light.

Steal their style...

Keira Knightly looking tres Chic


Natasha Poly gorgeous as ever


Not entirely sure who she is but what a beaut.


Drugstore dupes...

Revlon Black Cherry £7.49

Topshop Beguiled £8

Collection 2000 Gothic Glam in Revenge £2.99

4 comments:

  1. I have never used bold colored lipsticks....I am more into peach and coral ( only soft colors)....but yes yes yes I am planning to try blood red lipstick one day......hope so....xoxoxo....:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same until one day I took the plunge and afterwards thought why have I not been using this all my life Ive been missing out haha xx

      Delete
  2. Such a gorge colour and even more so with the dupes!
    Love this post :)
    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...