If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.

Follow me :)

Pageviews

Saturday 18 February 2012

Little Miss Sunshine

I get bored of my hair colour easily which is why I like experimenting. Nothing drastic though as I am a blonde at heart. Right now I am some what between a honey/golden blonde think Blake Lively. For the past 2 years though I was a Taylor Momsen platinum blonde. I never planned to be that light but I became obsessed with becoming lighter and lighter it was sort of an addiction till one day I decided a change was in order as long platinum blonde hair is very hard to maintain not to mention it dries the absolute f*** out of your hair plus it made me look washed out. This colour on the other hand is very subtle and natural and wayy easier to maintain. 

To all fellow blondes these are the products that I personally think work best in maintaining a gorgeous shade of blonde. 

 John Freida Go Blonder Shampoo gradually lightens blonde hair for sun-kissed sparkle.
Lush - The Blonde solid shampoo bar. Just think of a natural, less damaging version of Sun In. It lathers very well for a solid shampoo and leaves the hair silky and shiny. According to Lush it's“A beautiful, creamy soft shampoo to gently cleanse and slowly lighten; the Blonde is for natural blondes who want to be blonder and bottle blondes who want to look like natural blondes. Chamomile infusion and flowers lighten the hair and soothe the scalp so we put scoops of that in. Then we add lemon, mandarin and orange to cleanse and brighten dull locks. Go from bland to blonde by washing with this daily.”

Marilyn hair treatment is a brightening hair treatment for all blondes. It Softness, brightness and adds shine for blonde hair. Marilyn is for blondes who would like to stay blonde and become even more so, in a gentle, shiny and natural way.It enhances golden tones as it's made with softening linseed gel, chamomile for lightness and to calm your scalp, saffron for golden colour, lemon for shine and olive oil to moisturise your hair. It also lightens gradually. The chamomile and lemon are the main ingredients that gradually lighten the hair with regular use which helps bring out the natural blonde colours.They also enhance the natural gloss and shine of blonde hair, which makes hair look more vibrant and healthy.

Daddy-0 shampoo a purple shampoo to stop blondes going brassy. An infusion of coconut oil, lemons and seaweed gives softness and shine, while the violet leaf, rose, bergamot and canaga oil create a scent that stays on your hair throughout the day. It resembles parma violets. The lime and other citrus juices cleanse the hair and give a glossy shine. 


 L'Oreal Silver Shampoo. Just like Daddy-O it stops blondes going brassy and keeps the hair bright and shiny. Not for everyday use as over using silver shampoo can start to turn the hair silver.
Tony& Guy Purple Shampoo. It helps to reduce brassy tones however I used this when I wanted to brighten my hair I never used it as a substitute for my shampoo because it dries out and tangles the hair making it unmanageable. It works as a toner but it the least moisturising so be prepared to use a generous amount of conditioner after. 

All purple/silver shampoos are created in order to reduce brassy tones. It maintains the bright creamy blonde and stops it from going manky tobacco yellow.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips! Must try some of those lush products. I have been using the John Frieda shampoo for a bout a year and I love the subtle results it gives me. Another good product is Shimmer Lights by clairol. It's like a purple ink shampoo. It takes all the brass out of my hair and really brightens it, though it's smells a bit grandma-esque!
    http://www.the-clothes-minded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment. i am following you now. Hope u follow me back as promised :)
    http://fashionbeautybug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I am now following you and would love for you to return the favor:

    http://tialita.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,
    Tia Lita ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comemnts and the follows
    and Of Course my beauts, followed back as promised :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog, so cute, im definitely following now, keep in touch xx

    violetheart xxoo
    http://violetheartsmanyshadesofpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous love yours too just checked it out am now folowing
      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...