If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.

Follow me :)

Pageviews

Sunday 22 January 2012

Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2012

Pastels for spring? how ground breaking. When I heard designers were incorporating pastels and florals in their collections I thought could that be anymore of a cliche? Then after purchasing my February issue of Vogue I put my skepticism aside and realised it was genius. From Dolce and Gabbana to Louis Vuitton, Dior, Giorgio Armani and Carolina Herrera, all the collections had a fresh upbeat look that went beyond the stereotype of sickly-sweet shades. Instead there was a subtler pastel palette with icy alternatives like glacier blue, spearmint green, bitter lemon and damask rose. By far the winner for me was Oscar de la Renta. His collection was simply stunning, it had an air of bohemian sensuality c'est magnifique. 









8 comments:

  1. The fifth and seventh pieces are absolutely stunning. <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 7th was one of my favourites aswell, reminds me of a dress Blake Lively would wear

      Delete
  2. beautiful!!!! I love ALL of them...
    I am following your blog pls visit mine, I hope follow back
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate it and ofcourse ill be sure to follow you back :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hey!! Thanks for commenting on my blog, also love yours!
    Im following you, follow back?? :)
    xx

    Alessandra

    www.factory-girls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and your Blog!
    Follow me and I will follow you back!

    Greatest kiss!

    Silvia

    http://silviainfashionland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...