If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.

Follow me :)

Pageviews

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Ways to avoid looking like a walking advert for tango

Let's start with the F word shall we? and no I'm not talking about Gordon Ramsey's kitchen I am in fact talking about foundation. The whole point of foundation is to create a flawless, picture perfect finish. So be sure to apply it in light layers to avoid looking like the top of a birthday cake. When choosing your foundation make sure to pick a colour that melts into your skin tone. Whatever you do don't pick a colour that's ten times darker otherwise you'll end up looking like Jack o lantern. I mean fair enough if you're going for that orange look, but a kind word of advice... if a guy wanted to date an orange he would rather turn to his fruit bowl instead just saying. The same applies to those who pick a colour ten times lighter then their natural skin tone. Why anyone would want to look like they haven't stepped foot in the sun for almost 5 years is beyond me.  

If you're feeling rather pale however then that is where the bronzer and self-tanner come in. Understand that the whole point is to make it look like you've caught a natural tan and not like you've caked yourself in mud. Make sure when applying the self-tanner you rub it in properly to avoid looking like a candy cane as streakiness is not a good look for anyone. 
Personally I would never apply fake tan myself I would stick to a professional as I know it would come out looking uneven which is why I stick to gradual tanning moisturiser for it helps gradually build and maintain a light natural looking tan. 

The two all time favourite self-tanner's I swear by are:

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tan Lotion 250ML




"This creamy, moisturising lotion, with a special combination of pure Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E, is the perfect way to keep your skin beautiful and soft with a natural looking glow.
With just a touch of self tanner, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze creates a delicate, sun kissed, summer glow all year long. Gradually build a subtle tan within a few days, while deeply moisturising your skin. From fair to medium to dark, control the intensity of your skin tone all year round."


Dove Summer Glow Daily Face Moisturiser

 "Gradually builds a beautiful light summer tan."

12 comments:

  1. nice post, thanks for sharing
    xo
    www.myjiglyciouslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing some bloggie love...adorable blog!

    Ashton from wayyouthere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the follow, thanks soo much.
      I followed back :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love yours too! Its funny that you posted this.. I love self tanner but I'm looking to switch kinds. I always go for an instant tanner but it goes away faster than a day, so I'm definitely going to try these out! Now following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Im following back xx
      and yes they are deffo worth the investment

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try that Dove gradual tan! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment...love yours and all the fun fashions! Oh and Audrey Hepburn too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem hun, and thanks for the follow =D Im following back
      xx

      Delete
  5. Does the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tan Lotion have an odd smell to it? I have tried many gradual tanners and most of them smell gross. I still use them in order to get that tanned look though.

    Also wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment as well as following back. I am following back. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I love tha Palmers Cocoa Butter because it smells of just that cocoa. Its the first self tanner I have used which doesn't have that gross chemically smell because I'm just like you most the ones I used smelt awful but this one finally gets you tanned with a nice smell :)

      and no problem, thanks hun
      xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I am now following you:) And I have been wondering if there was a moisturizer for your face with a hint of tanner in it because my face always seems so white compared to my body...I may have to give it a whirl!

    www.thalovingtouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem hun, hahaha I'm the same my face is so pale compared to the rest of my body. After using the dovw after 3 days you will notice it will start to notice the effects.
      now folowing :)
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...